Monday, July 31, 2006

My Inspirations by L-H-K: Star Trek and William Shatner featuring YOUTUBE Video Magic

Hello Blogosphere! I am L-H-K, I originally came from Denmark to the USA many years ago. I want to share with you why I left my beloved Jutland for wider shores. I apologise if my English is not perfect.

My story begins in Jutland within a small Goat herding community 10 miles south of Skarrild. I was a bright, happy young thing frolicking in the woods withj my brothers, sisters, friends and goats until the day my papa Henrik Jacob Knauff brought home a Philips colour television.

Henrik Jacob Knauff 1917-1997

My family were amazed. I was to, but this television had a program the likes of which I had never seen before. My life changed forever with STAR TREK. Captain Kirk played by William Shatner was my hero.

Diginified, corageous, bold he and Star Trek inspired me to leave the safety of Denmark. They spoke to my soul, my yearning to explore, to meet new peoples, to boldy go where no Dane had gone before. I travelled, and now I am here.

A noble leader, a man's man, prepared to put his life at risk fopr his crew as this video shows fighting the mighty Gorn. Or fight his best friend Spock as below

I live by his example everyday to do what is right for sake of my colleagues.
TO be a gifted actor and singer to the degree Shatner is rare in Jutland or perhaps anywhere else in central europe. Note in this video his immense range and power. His mighty lungs, his flared nostrils, the immaculate teeth. All in the service of great performance and art:

I was inspired by his character as an actor, singer and a human being. Although I am a better singer than Shatner I can appreciate fine vocal efforts into the unknown. Here is a great video example of his unique, postmodern vocal skill fromm the 1977 Science Fiction Film awards:

William Shatner singer, poet, thinker, actor, explorer of boundaries the very model of what I aspire to on a daily basis. I met him at a convention in the 1984 promoting the Commodore Vic-20. Here is a video of the advert that was on television shortly afterwards. I am so pleased people on the internet save this magic for postererity.


As well inspiring a lifelong fascination with computers, he gave me the autograph below, and these words of wisdom that I never forget as we discussed my passion for Vaflers:

“Don't just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take.”

I live by these words on a daily basis. He told me of the rough times he had trying to survive on the mean streets of San Franciso before Star Trek. These private words inspire me further everyday as try to do the best I can for my friends, colleagues and spreadsheets.

As Captain Kirk once said about life:

"Risk is our business. That's what this starship is all about. That's why we're aboard her."


I hope you enjoyed my first post.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mars ain't the place to raise a kid
Its cold as hell

09:15  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

A most delightful post. The wonders of William Shatner never seem to cease...

09:18  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hiya Lief :-) you do well for a human/macaroon hybrid!

My shameful secret? I have all the original Star Trek episodes on DVD.

15:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Star Trak but my favorite is the bald guy. John Luke Pikardo. Make it so!

22:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part about Data is when he had a cat. He was telling a crew member that:

"When you have a cat, you must tell it(cat) that it is a PRETTY CAT, and a GOOD CAT".

22:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leif

Your spamming your own blog !

05:06  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

richard is funny :-)


I like Data too. Actually, the Next Generation was very good once they got past that horrible first season. That was so bad it was laughable.

14:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leif is taking over the net ?!

06:43  
Blogger Shablagoo! said...

"Oh No, no no

I'm a rocket man!"

What the fuck ?

12:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home