Wednesday, January 04, 2006

At Midnight Demanding Entry

Its words. Flowing how some people
free their giant dragon kites
into the sky's blue everything.
Trees softening in sky's flame of wind.
Yet, all day in Singapore, there can be another way.
Some remain forgotten, and others should know better.

Yet through shuttered windows, a barred pale yellow heart is burning,
a varied candle amongst others at midnight's doorstep.
Oblivious to a thousand irrelevant things,
it dreams of sports, freedoms, dwarfs and fairies.

On the tenth floor of years overheard,
a bloody drink of pictures, and tableau of word.
It has an architecture,forged from freedom's anvil,
small and soft, unlike material towers,
whilst beating on midnight's door
with inevitability's scalpel.

A poem by the cloned corpse of Marcus Tal

inspired by the
superb poetry of Gilbert Koh

8 Comments:

Blogger GK said...

Oh my! I see little phrases from my many poems, so cleverly put together by you to create a brand new poem in its own right. O am honoured, MR ... thank you!

15:18  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Thank You, Gilbert!

Yes, with the inspiration
from my guests & visitors
and with my wordforge
a feat of poetic alchemy
I fashion an attempt called Poechemy

00:40  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

Oh i like this, i really like this.

Poechemy huh? neat. i call my acid dada.

great words.

07:04  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Cocaine Jesus,

Thank You, I am glad you have appreciation.

the cloned corpse of Marcus Tal

08:15  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Thank-youI left you a comment below

11:58  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

An interesting poem, and born of another I already enjoyed. That adds an odd cohesive flow to today's surfing.
Nice work.

13:16  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Thank You, Twisted Noggin.

I am pleased to be odd and cohesive in my in Poechemy.
Conventional is so dull.

13:19  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

i totally agree
and
never forget cccchange(s)
is always good to.
keeps us and
our audience on
our toes

13:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home