Monday, January 02, 2006

A Neon Buzzard Soars

He nursed nervously smoothing imaginary wisps of
candles and he loosened his gloved old hands.
The underside of a Troll's lair
is no shelter from the cold.

He stared without seeing.
A trolley rattled past,
if conjured like a fresh poem
written of fresh fish, liquer, and dogs on strings.

The shelf of snow everywhere is delicate,
a coruscating patchwork of the dimly lit,
whilst a lively young girl's great mind is leaving
slowly wrestling a conundrum,
She claimed she grasped,
painted steel, muttering in her lips.

The steady gaze of winter's sky is a witness
as like a neon Buzzard her soul climbs.
The door leading to her Light flickering,
Full of hope...

From allies and pathways, she left and disappeared
In his ebony pathways, the receiver,
with his cupped hand took her slim fingers cradling.
Heaven's doors, finally they split
as the Neon Buzzard soared.

A poem by the cloned corpse of Marcus Tal

Inspired by the poetry of The Poemcat Sue Hardy-Dawson

8 Comments:

Blogger Neetee said...

The visuals from your poem peek through like wedged veins of gold. It is a sensitive dirge that teases my curiosity. I remain mystified and so I will be traveling back to look again upon it with pleasure.

Thank you for your visit to my page and the wonderful 'words' that you've given me.

Let's visit again.

11:23  
Blogger starbender said...

U'r poetry is beautiful!
It conjures images in the mind!
Thanks 4 stopping by and,
I would B honored if U wrote me a poem!
:)

12:29  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

for a corpse you have an incredible way with words.

that scruffy american looks like he has recently shuffled of his mortal coil and has been nicely decaying a downtown dustbin (trashcan)!!!

08:53  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Finnegan,

Thank you for stepping through transcience's door. I am always eager to nourish the mind with words from a dead man's mouth.

09:50  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Queen Neetee,

"The visuals from your poem peek through like wedged veins of gold. It is a sensitive dirge that teases my curiosity."

Compliments indeed. Can the cloned corpse of a dead man really bring conventional harmony and balance to his poetry ?

I shall enjoy my creation of the poetry your words here and elsewhere have inspired.

09:54  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Scruffy American,

What a japesterish scallywag of the ether you are.

I was unaware William Shatner had a funny accent. I was also unaware that Commander Kira was a robot with a funny colored face.

In response to your query about my visage, there is nothing random about it as in my poetry either.

In time I shall fashion a poem worth of your demented appearance.

10:00  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Cocaine Jesus

Compliments indeed from such an already accomplished wordsmith. I am honoured.

The poem I will forge from your guiding inspiration will be a truly special event on our site.

10:03  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Wow that was a sureal (excuse spelling I can't)what a lovely gesture

10:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home